Sunday 28 April 2013

Showcase Sunday #16



Inspired by Celine from Nyx Book Reviews, I've decided to combine several weekly wrap-up memes into one post. Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea. Stacking the Shelves is hosted at Tynga's Reviews, and Sunday Post is hosted at Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Letterbox Love is a special British book-haul meme hosted by Lindsey at Narratively Speaking.


Last Week:

So, last week on the blog has been a special Blogoversary Week, with posts about me and the things I love, including a guest post and an interview with two favourite authors. Here's what's been happening:

Blogoversary Posts:

Find Out More About Me

From Rome to the Wild West - An Interview with Caroline Lawrence

My Favourite Book - Howl's Moving Castle (review)

Spotlighting Book Drum

Location, Location, Location - A Guest Post from Emma Newman

My Fifteen Favourite Video Games

Other Posts:

Book Review - The Shining Girls, by Lauren Beukes

Top Ten  Books That Pleasantly Surprised Me

Phew! I think that's the fullest week I've ever had on the blog! :-)


New Goodies:

  
Any Other Name, by Emma Newman
(I'm SO excited about this one)
Thank you to Angry Robot and NetGalley for the review copy


 
The Red Knight, by K.T. Davies
I've already reviewed this one on the blog and it was one of
my favourites. The author has kindly sent me some copies for
a giveaway, so watch out for that soon!
And, she included a signed copy for me. Thank you so much! :-D


So, how was your week and what have you been reading? Were any of you taking part in Dewey's 24hr Read-a-thon? How did it go? :-)



11 comments:

  1. Signed books are the biz, aren't they? I'm new to both of these authors, though, so thanks for the intro. Have a great Sunday and thanks for dropping by the blog. :D

    Julie @ Bookaroo-Ju

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice books haul. Hope you enjoy your reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. Singed books are awesome. The first one is new to me. Enjoy them as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the signed book. :D Enjoy your new books.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blogoversary! Enjoy your new reads! Here's my haul: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/04/sundays-weekly-book-recap-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well now I have most of those posts open telling me to read them, MANY TABS! Also, lovely books! Angry Robot seem to hate me, have never been accepted by them. Maybe I should review some stuff on NetGalley :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! Any Other Name looks great! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any Other Name has a lovely cover, and ooh I loved signed books, so glad you enjoyed it. I solemnly swear I am joining the next Dewey read-a-thon..it sounds like fun! The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, there is something about a signed book that just gives me tingles! Congrats for your books this week - fun reading ahead methinks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover of the first book!! Happy reading!!
    Here's my STS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Signed books are really special. I still have three paperbacks signed for me by Anne McCaffery somewhere around 1980. I had to go buy another set to read, so I wouldn't mess them up too much!

    Enjoy your new books -- Any Other Name has a great cover!

    ReplyDelete