Sunday 14 April 2013

Showcase Sunday #14



Inspired by Celine from Nyx Book Reviews, I've decided to combine several weekly wrap-up memes into one post. Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea. Stacking the Shelves is hosted at Tynga's Reviews, and Sunday Post is hosted at Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Letterbox Love is a special British book-haul meme hosted by Lindsey at Narratively Speaking.


Last Week:

Since I've been so busy the previous weeks, this last week I've been playing catch-up with all my emails, visiting other blogs, updating pages on this blog, and trying to get down to the NaNo writing properly (bit behind!). Have also managed to fit in some video game time again, which feels amazing, stayed up way too late the past few nights reading The Eternity Cure, and spent almost an entire evening talking to my husband about the nature of the Force. All in all, a good week! :-)

Last week's posts:

Book Review - The Other Half of the Sky, edited by Athena Andreadis

Interview with Athena Andreadis, editor of The Other Half of the Sky

Reverse Author Interview! - with Hilary Weisman Graham

Top Ten Books I Read Before I Became A Blogger

Discovering Discworld - (on Fantasy Faction)


New Goodies:



by Diana Wynne Jones
Second hand book find (ex-library copy).
I love Diana Wynne Jones books, and am always on
the lookout to build up my collection


This is currently free on Amazon!


Other Stuff:

It's the London Book Fair this week! If you're going, hope you have a fantastic time! :-)

Because of being busy lately, I've not been able to check other blogs as much and have only just found the fantastic Women in SFF month that's running on Fantasy Cafe. There have been some great posts already. Take a look here!


Hope you've all been having a fantastic week too! What have you been up to?



20 comments:

  1. I'm playing catch up too! I feel your pain. haha I'll be sure to check back for your review of The Eternity Cure

    Weekly Wrap Up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not familiar with either of these two books. I hope you enjoy them though!

    Check out my SP & STS.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! I'm sure I'll love the Diana Wynne Jones book, her writing is so wonderful. And 1853 looks awesome too! :-)

      Delete
  3. Hope your enjoying The Eternity Cure so far. Can't wait to read it. Enjoy Enchanted Glass, what a great cover it has. Happy reading.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Eternity Cure is really good so far! Yes, Enchanted Glass has one of the best Diana Wynne Jones covers I think. Looking forward to trying it! :-)

      Delete
  4. The London book fair sounds like fun, and ooh I enjoyed the Eternity Cure. I am very curious about the Enchanted Glass. Have a great week! The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like so much fun! I'm hoping to go next year, and looking forward to hearing all about it from the bloggers who are going this year :-) Thanks Kim!

      Delete
  5. I picked up 1853 too, mostly curious as to how Lor writes. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And Marc as well. Really looking forward to seeing what their stories are like... :-)

      Delete
  6. I feel like I am always playing catch up.

    Heather ~ My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books! The cover of the Diane Wynne Jones book looks gorgeous. 1853 looks interesting too. Thanks for stopping by my blog and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe! The cover is lovely isn't it? I'm really looking forward to seeing what the book is like. :-)

      Delete
  8. Oh I do love that cover of Enchanted Glass! Wow. Hope you enjoy it and have a great week. :)

    I have a Sunday Post up as well...
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/04/sunday-post-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to read The Eternity Cure! Hope you're enjoying it! I love the colors on the Enchanted Glass cover. Reminds me of stained glass. Thanks for stopping by today!
    -Melissa @ Harley Bear Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours are gorgeous aren't they? I always feel that DWJ covers should be colourful, so I'm glad this one is. :-) Ooh The Eternity Cure is really good - hope you enjoy it when you do read it!

      Delete
  10. Oh, I loved Enchanted Glass! And I admit to being slightly jealous -- I wish I could go to the London Book Fair! Seriously, I hope you have an absolutely wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I can't go to the Book Fair this year, was just wishing everyone else who is going a good time. Hopefully next year though! :-) It looks fantastic doesn't it? I'm rather jealous of those who are going too! Oh I'm glad you enjoyed Enchanted Glass - I'm really looking forward to reading it!

      Delete