Friday 14 December 2012

MM Readathon Mini-Challenges


I decided it would be better to create a separate post for the Magnificently Magic Readathon mini-challenges, otherwise the first post will get very long!

 

 

 

 

Day 4: Book Christmas Tree

 

Today's challenge, hosted at A Daydreamer's Thoughts, was to make a Christmas tree out of books, though perhaps the real challenge was attempting to photograph it before it collapsed under its own weight. I grabbed all my Roman Mysteries and Discworld books and set to work, and managed to get one pic mid-collapse, and one of the devastation afterwards. Enjoy!


Day 3: Quotes


This one's being hosted at Shut Up and Read (with, yes, another giveaway!). These quotes from Daughter of Smoke and Bone have had some words taken out. The challenge is to put the quotes back together. Here's what I think:

Quote 1)
"Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love. It did not end well."
Quote 2)
“She had been innocent once, a little girl playing with feathers on the floor of a devil's lair."
Quote 3)
"…When I saw her smile I wondered what it would be like to make her smile...I thought it would be like the discovery of smiling.”

Day 2: Book Spine Poems


This is being hosted at Books, Biscuits and Tea, with another giveaway! The rules are pretty simple - create a poem out of book spines. This challenge is much harder than it looks. I'm not sure I really have the right kind of books for it, but I made two attempts:

Book Poem 1: Icarus


Book Poem 2: Growing Up


Day 1: What's It About?


This mini-challenge is being hosted at Music, Books and Tea (with a giveaway too!). The rules are to take a book that we’re reading for the read-a-thon, and write a completely different, made-up synopsis for it, based on its cover. I've chosen The Ambassador's Mission, as its cover is the most vague. Robed figures tend to remind me of jedi, and she kinda looks like she's carrying a flag, so...

Young Jedi apprentice Trudi Canavan travels to a distant planet for the Jedilympic games, held every four years. This is the first year that she's qualified to compete in the Force Gymnastics. Trudi is confident of her abilities in the floor event, but she knows that her beam is still weak. Worse, she'll have to compete blindfolded, while under blaster fire. Only the best of the best will be there, and she is determined not to let her team down.


11 comments:

  1. I love your synopsis, it fits the cover perfectly! I love the idea of her being a jedi, and jedilympic games made me smile. :P

    Your poems were fantastic too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poems and I love your synopsis :) It really made me smile! Hope you're enjoying the read-a-thon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! :-D Hehe, yeah the synopsis was pretty fun to come up with. Actually kinda want to read a story about the Jedilympics now though...

    Really enjoying the Readathon! Hope everyone else is having fun too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I love the second one particularly. You are very good at this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thanks! :-) These challenges have all been so much fun! Thanks to everyone who has hosted one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for being part of today's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! :-D And thank you for hosting, Sheri!

    ReplyDelete