Sunday 18 August 2013

Bout of Books Sign Up and Goals


It's Bout of Books time again! I love this read-a-thon, and I really need it right now. I've put holds on a few books at my library, and have been in a different place in the queue for each one, so technically each one should have arrived just as I finished the last. Of course, that didn't happen... somehow they all arrived at once. Then I made this worse by borrowing a few more just for good measure, so I'm really in need of a read-a-thon! :-)

Here's the official blurb:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team.


My Goals:


I like to keep my goals simple and easy for read-a-thons, as this keeps things low stress and motivates me to read more. So...

- Finish at least 2 books.
- Take part in at least 2 mini-challenges.
- Write at least 1 review.
- Take part in one of the Twitter chats.
- Visit lots of blogs! :-)

I'm not sure yet which books I'll read and hopefully finish, but here are some of the choices:


Can't wait! :-D




9 comments:

  1. The Homeward Bounders looks interesting. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's one I hadn't heard of before I saw it in a charity shop... does look good doesn't it? :-)

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see what you think of Ready Player One!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just finished it! Flew through it, really fun read. :-) Review soon...

      Delete
  3. That always happens to me with the library requests! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, think I might have to be more careful with how many I request in future... Thanks! :-)

      Delete
  4. I very much enjoyed Scot Lynch's book when I read it - Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! :-) I'm really looking forward to reading it, have heard so much about it!

      Delete
  5. Simple goals help to keep the focus on reading. It's great! Good luck on your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete