Sunday 31 March 2013

Showcase Sunday #12


Inspired by Celine from Nyx Book Reviews, I've decided to combine several weekly wrap-up memes into one post. Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea. Stacking the Shelves is hosted at Tynga's Reviews, and Sunday Post is hosted at Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Letterbox Love is a special British book-haul meme hosted by Lindsey at Narratively Speaking.


Last Week:

I'm writing this before Eastercon, as I'm not sure how much time I'll have to write posts this weekend, but hopefully by the time this is published I'll be having tons of fun, and probably absolutely exhausted after various events on Saturday night. I'll definitely be doing a con report and posting pictures later, so watch out for that next week!

Last week's posts:

Book Review - Winter's Passage, by Julie Kagawa

Authors Who Look Like Their Book Covers


New Goodies:


Thank you to Strange Chemistry for the review copy!


Other Stuff:

Eastercon! A convention for science fiction and fantasy fans in the UK, with loads of authors, signings, fun events, bookishness, talks and panels. Wondering what it's all about? Take a look at the website. I'm so excited!

I'm taking part in Camp NaNo in April. I've set myself the personal target of 30,000 words, as that's 1000 a day, which, while hard, seems do-able. Anyone else joining in?


And, because I forgot to post this earlier, meet the latest addition to our household... Rainbow the draft-excluding dog! My mum knitted this for us because our door seems to be too wide for normal draft excluders. Isn't it wonderful? :-)



9 comments:

  1. Yay for Zenn Scarlett it sounds so awesome doesn't it? I hope you enjoy Eastercon I wish I could be there! Happy Reading!

    New Follower!

    My Haul! Letterbox Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eastercon sounds like fun and ooh I love the dog door cover your Mom made..too cute! The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dog is so cute! :D
    I am contemplating doing camp nano and that is not a good place to be the day before but I probably will jump on the bandwagon! A thousand a day seems doable!

    Hope you're having fun at Eastercon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter!

    That dog is so incredibly cute!!! What an amazing idea! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I *love* your draft excluding dog! That's amazing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow looks like u had a good week and rainbow is really cute i have a catterpillar that in the rainbow hue...have a great week and here is my sunday post

    http://booksformee.blogspot.in/2013/03/sunday-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen Zenn Scarlett about and thought it looked cool. And that draft excluder is adorable.

    I hadn't known about the Camp Nano in April before seeing it here, so I'm off to check that out now. Thanks for the heads up.

    Have a great week.
    Julie @ Bookaroo-Ju

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love Rainbow the draft-excluding dog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eastercon sounds like a lot of fun and I love that draft blocker:)

    Thanks for stopping by my Added to the Bookshelf post!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete