Wednesday 2 January 2013

Bookish Bloggy New Year's Resolutions



Last year was, at points, quite a difficult year. However, some really good things did happen too, and one of those was starting this blog! I’ve had so much fun with it – it’s been great to have a place to gather my thoughts and reviews, to communicate my love of magic, science fiction and fantasy (and Greeks and Romans, of course!), and to share my passion for books with others.

I’ve particularly enjoyed being able to connect with other bloggers and to find new sites and book recommendations. I’m hoping 2013 will be filled with even more books and blogging!

So, here are my bookish bloggy New Year’s resolutions:

Tackle My 2012 To-Read Shelf – well, more like shelves! Books that I own and still need to read.


New Blog Design – this was always meant to be a temporary design and banner, but I haven’t had a chance to sort out a proper one yet. I’m determined to get it looking fab in 2013! (And if anyone has any recommendations for good blog designers please do let me know!)

More Challenges – I took part in one year-long challenge in 2012, and although I started mid-way through, I did manage to complete it – yay! This year I want to take part in more challenges and will be signing up for them this month.

Read-a-thons – I loved doing the Magnificently Magic Read-a-thon in December 2012, so I’ll definitely be looking out for more read-a-thons in 2013.
  
Read Some Classics of SF/F – there are still some big works that I’ve never actually read, and this year I’d like to get round to reading at least a few of them.


Start and Finish Some Series – there are now quite a few series that I’ve started but never finished, and some that I’ve heard so much about but haven’t had a chance to begin yet.


So those are some of my goals for 2013, and hopefully I’ll get at least some of them done! What about you – what are your resolutions (book-related or otherwise) for 2013? Did you have a good New Year’s Eve/New Year’s Day?


No comments:

Post a Comment